What is a Himalayan Salt Inhaler?
Himalayan Salt Inhalers are used to improve the symptoms of allergies, respiratory infection, asthma, smokers cough, dry cough and other respiratory ailments. Himalayan salt has many health benefits, and its use is shown to reduce inflammation, kill bacteria, yeast, and other micro-organisms that cause sinus and respiratory infections.
By simply using a salt inhaler for 15 minutes a day can bring major health improvements.
Salt inhaler therapy (called Halo therapy, and Speleo-therapy) is a natural and effective way to improve respiratory health. This practice has a long and proven history, documented in ancient Europe. People travel from all around the world to visit the salt caves and breathe in the mineral rich air.
Asthma sufferers benefit almost immediately by just spending 15 minutes in these caves. Man made Himalayan salt caves are beginning to pop up in some of the most popular day spas also.
The Himalayan Salt Inhaler is a small porcelain-ceramic pot that contains Himalayan salt chunks. A simple 15-20 minute breathing session can revitalize your air ways and leave you feeling more energetic. All just by sitting and watching TV while breathing! That’s right. The air you breathe in is drawn across the salt chunks and into your lungs. No batteries, no cord, just Himalayan salt.
How do you use a Salt Inhaler?
A salt inhaler is very simple to use. It comes with plenty of Himalayan crystal salt, and you fill it from the bottom by removing the silicone plug. Make sure to wash the inhaler thoroughly when you first get it to make sure all the dust and debris is out. The inhaler must be completely dry before filling and using it.
1. Just pour about 2.5 ounces of the salt into the bottom fill hole. You should use up about 1/3 of the bag that is supplied.
2. Now replace the plug and your salt inhaler is ready for use!
3. Place the inhaler to your lips and breathe. For best results breathe in through the mouth, and exhale through the nose. Try not to exhale back through the inhaler because this will stop the fresh air from coming in.
4. Repeat this process for about 15- 25 minutes, and repeat daily.
I recommend doing this year round, and try to continue to do it every day. I take a day off every here and there, and when I pick it back up the next day, it feels amazing. I even keep one in my car so I can use it on the way to work.
The great part about the salt chunks is that you don’t use them up very fast. If you use the inhaler daily, they recommend changing the salt out monthly. My family pushes this to around every other month, and it seems to work fine. But with a fresh change of salt you can definitely feel the difference.
Caring for your Salt Pipe
- I wash my inhaler out when replacing the salt, but NOT with soap! Just with warm water and that’s it.
- Be sure the salt pipe is completely dry before filling with the pink salt.
- Use a hair dryer if you need to.
- Never put this in the dishwasher either, it just doesn’t need all that.
- When storing the inhaler make sure to keep moisture away. Just keep it in a dry, clean place.
Himalayan Salt Inhaler benefits
The salt inhaler works by passing the air you breathe in over the surface of the Himalayan salt. Natural moisture in the air absorbs the salt particles on its way to your lungs. Sort of like the air is scooping all the natural minerals straight into your lungs.
Thousands of people with respiratory ailments are finding natural relief by using salt pipes. Himalayan Salt Pipes are 100% natural, safe for nursing mothers, and is a great, non-drug using alternative to get your lungs breathing easier again. Many users claim that the length of chest colds and flu’s are decreased with the use of salt inhalers.
Pink Himalayan Salt is known to help with
• Sinus problems
• Common colds
• Hay fever
• Smokers cough
• Flushing of toxins
• Low energy levels
You can read more about the benefits of Himalayan Salt here at SeaSaltHealth.Com.